!Hubzilla Support Forum
On my Raspberry Pi running Hubzilla the
script spits out "blurry" thumbnails. Not all, but quite some. I haven't been able te see a pattern in things like filesize, filename or orientation. A blurry thumbnail would show up in the database like something like this (part of photo
So, the thumbnails are there, for the imagescales 0 (original), 1 (1024px), 2 (640px) and 3 (320px). But, as the example shows that the filesizes of all the thumbnails are the same. And indeed, the 1024px thumbnails looked like a blown up 320 thumbnail. I think that somewhere a "resolution" variable didn't get reset or something. But, as I said, I didn't find a pattern. I did notice that the oreder in which the 1,2 and 3 thumbnails were created seemed to be quite random, based on the echoed
in the script.
But I know little PHP and programming, so after 3 hours of trying and not finding the root cause I gave up. But, by using the following workaround I did get my "sharp" thumbnails back (and I am quite happy about that):
script contains 9 "cases" for creating thumbnails of several sizes. I notice that running the script with only one case "enabled", by commenting out all the other cases with a
, the thumbnails would be created fine. So for example, when commenting all cases out, except case 1, I get all 1024px thumbnails for all images, none of them " blurry". The second run, only "case 2" not commented out, would give me all the 640px thumbnails. I ran this 9 times, in every run another case not commented out to get all possible thumbnails.
I have read others having this problem also. Perhaps they can benefit from my experience. And hopefully someone in the know will read this and say: Oh, that can be easily fixed by... [enter solution here]